Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 5-Shopping

It was shopping time! we went to the Super Brand Shopping Mall. The mall is SUPER BIG! I think that is why it's name came from. The items sold there are quite expensive, I could not afford to spend more, luckily I am not a big spender. In the end, I just bought an Astro Boy key chain for my Chinese teacher, Ms Poh. Not forgetting my form teacher, Mdm Samila, I also got two hair bands for her.


In the evening, teachers allowed us to get our own meal. Wei Shan and I pair up with two P5 girls, Shu Yi and Si Min. We decided to have our dinner at McDonald. It was fun figuring out how to place order in Mandarin. How to translate McChicken in English to Chinese? And in the end, we finally got the answer. We bought four McChickens, four cups of coke and one box of medium-size french fries. Guess how much it cost? SEVENTY EIGHT......Yuan only. It was expensive in china yuan but when converted to Singapore dollar, it only cost $15++, What a great different!


Having to go shopping and buy dinner all by myself, I felt like I have grown up. When making decision on buying things, it is not as easy as I have seen my parents doing it.


(Posted by Zhe Qi)

No comments: